LDC consults to the built environment industry on sustainable architecture strategies, technologies, processes, and green building ratings systems… ‐ Green Star SA, LEED™, WELL Building Standard®, and EDGE tool.
WHO WE ARE
We help the building and property industry design and realize viable construction projects that will reduce the impact buildings have on our resources and occupants.
With a commitment to thoughtful, equitable and environmentally responsible design, and drawing on a wide range of experience and qualifications, we help design teams set targets and achieve their energy efficiency and sustainability goals.
We consult to property developers, building owners and the built environment industry on sustainable architecture strategies, technologies, processes, and green building ratings systems ‐ Green Star SA, LEED™, WELL Building Standard®, and EDGE tool.
RELEVANT EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
+ Green Star Accredited Professional – New Build | Interiors | Existing Building Performance
+ GBCSA Assessor, GBCSA Faculty Member, GBCSA Technical Advisory Group
+ Green Star Tool Development Contributor and Expert Technical Review
+ LEED™ Accredited Professional
+ WELL Building Standard® Accredited Professional
+ EDGE Tool Expert & Auditor
+ EcoDistricts AP
+ EcoStandard (independent ecolabel), Board of Directors and Technical Development Committee
+ Visiting Lecturer (5+ years), University of Cape Town and Cape Peninsula of Technology
+ Architectural qualifications (Pr.S.Arch.T.) and 19+ years of green project experience, project management, employing rating rools and consulting (USA and South Africa)
WHAT WE DO
Green Design and Process Management
- Guidance to the overall process and coordination of the team, consultants and client expectations;
- Early evaluation of project‐specific green strategy feasibilities ‐quantified and qualified through modelling and site specific data – to inform decision making process, focus team efforts, manage budget/financial expectations, and set measurable goals;
- Education and design guidance to team supported by metrics, computer modelling, sustainable design best practices, and experience
- Manage the accreditation submission process – advise and coordinate team, provide and track documentation necessary for accreditation – Green Star Office, Retail, Multi‐use Residential or Public Buildings, Interiors and Existing Building Performance. Also available: LEED™, WELL Building Standard®, EDGE Tool
- Contribute to the sustainability content of the project marketing and communication
- Teach Green Star SA accredited professionals course, and other green seminars and workshops
- Teach Environmental Design topics at University of Cape Town (UCT) School of Architecture, Cape Peninsula University of Technology (CPUT)
- Green Building Council of SA ‐ Contribute and provide input to their Technical Working Group(s), and Technical Advisory Group; provide feedback periodically for their various rating tools development
- Design for Disabilities – Assessment, advice and design for solutions to accommodate persons with disabilities (e.g. wheel chair, sight impaired). In particular, employ the philosophy of Universal Design/Inclusive Design which aims to provide an elegant solution for all that seamlessly also addresses those with more specific needs.
Visit Ludwig Design Consulting